Nancy Rink Blog
Aurifil Designer of the Month
I am thrilled to be one of the Aurifil 2015 Designers.
Here is a photo of most of us at Quilt Market, with our fearless leader Pat Sloan. Holy cow, do I feel lucky to be part of this talendted group!
Each month Aurifil Thread has assigned one of us to design a block and project. My month is August, but I will be sharing each designer's post so you can see what's coming out of our sewing rooms. You may want to do what Pat Sloan is doing and make each month's block out of one of your favorite fabric collections. And if you are looking for a new favorite collection, I invite you to see my collections--Color Love, Mill Works, El Camino Real, and Pointe Pleasant-- on the Marcus Fabrics website. Look for my newest collection, INTRIGUE, coming soon.
Gundrun Erla is Aurifil's January designer. Enjoy learning about her--I sure did!
Here is her great project – the instructions can be found in Pat Sloan’s blog post interview.
Make your own version of the project and post it on the Aurifil Flickr Page and be eligible to win a great prize of some Aurifil Thread! I am thinking this might look great with the colors reversed – what do you think?
Here are the other great designers who will be featured:
- Feb – Joanna Figueroa /
- March – Kimberly Jolly http://fatquartershop.blogspot.com/
- Apr – John Kubiniec https://bigrigquilting.wordpress.com/
- May – Sara Lawson https://sewsweetness.com/
- June – Barb Groves and Mary Jacobson http://www.meandmysisterdesigns.com/blog/
- July – Ebony Love http://www.lovebugstudios.com/blog/
- August. – Nancy Rink http://www.nancyrinkdesigns.com/index.php
- Sept – Valori wells http://www.valoriwells.com/
- October – Lynn Harris http://thelittleredhen.typepad.com/my_weblog/
- Nov – Bonnie Christine http://www.goinghometoroost.com/
- Dec – Celine Perkins http://www.perkinsdrygoods.com/blog/
Pop on over to the Aurifil Site and register to win a great prize.
I hope you enjoy the Aurifil Designer event for 2015 and I hope you will come back and visit my blog to get some new ideas and tips along the way